Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Monday, June 29, 2009
my tips on keeping your lips l-u-s-c-i-o-u-s:
1. the only person in this world that should NOT drop the habit of lip smacking is ll cool j. but the fact is, frequently licking your lips makes the dry. our lips have a natural protective barrier and saliva contains digestive enzymes that can break down these barriers.
2. exfoliation is key. ever feel you are constantly putting on your lip balm/chapstick on over and over again and nothing seems to do it? that is because you are hydrating the dead skin on your lips and not really getting to your lips.
3. hydrate your smackers not only with the obvious blam of your choice but with water too.
4. protect. spf should not only be on your face and body but on your lips as well.
my favorite product:
la prairie lip renewal
i know that it is a hefty price tag. but, if you really want to splurge and treat your lips this is an amazing product. this really does it all! it will repair, firm, exfoliate and deeply hydrate your lips while reviving your natural lip color.
those that wear lots of lipstick know that overtime, your lips will start to look a bit pale.
i use this product night and day and i've found that i don't have to apply chapstick/lip balms throughout the day because this makes your lips THAT soft and kissable. not only will you appreciate but your significant other because they won't end up with sticky lips.
an alternative for less than $5:
(a quick tip & trick used by many models)
good ol' vaseline. slather a good amount on your lips before going to bed at night and in the morning using a soft toothbrush, manually exfoliate the dead skin off your lips. using a toothbrush on the lips will help temporarily bring blood flow and circulation leaving your lips a bit rosy. last, put on your favorite lip gloss/balm of your choice.
Friday, June 26, 2009
I came across this interesting nail polish when I was browsing at Ulta.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Monday, June 22, 2009
Fresh has just announced the new birth and addition to its Sugar collection - Sugar Rose!
- Synthetic Dyes
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
i won't go into explaining what a facechart is because i know everyone that is reading this blog right now has been to the mac counter. it was one of my favorite things to do besides a makeover to make the day go by. it's was also one of my bigger responsibilities at the counter since i was the facechart specialist. my job was basically to make sure that our facechart book looked fabulous @ all times. also to give my fellow girls guidance, tips & tricks when needed.
here are some samples of my work.
which is a compilation of the best facecharts from different counters in my region.
i tried to really focus on making each and every single one different. i was told a while back that the artist tends to create facecharts that'll resemble them in some way or another. i've noticed & have been told in mine that it was the brows. the overall shape is very similar to my own. other than 2 of the lip looks, i've had all of the looks on my own face at one time displayed here in my facecharts. that is really the biggest thing i miss being at a mac counter. it was only there i could get away with having crazy, funky makeup looks on my face. makeup-wise, everyday was halloween! it really pushed the artistry aspect of it all.
so now it goes from my face to yours~
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
where: mona's - 12 sylvan ave. englewood cliffs, nj 07632
*there is tons of parking in the back, just make sure to go in through cafe italiano.
the remaining times that are available: 10:00, 10:30, 11:00, 11:30, 3:00 and 3:30.
the store number is 201-585-6045/6046. call asap because spots are limited!
AND don't forget to mention to mention me~!!
hope to see you there!!
Monday, June 15, 2009
do sunscreen without smelling like it or having that sticky fly trapper feeling. like most darphin products, this silky-light, water-resistant cream sinks immediately into the skin. and the best part about it is that it is oil-free!! this product protects against both uva and uvb rays. say no to aging and burning!
- state-of-the-art antioxidants. venuceane is a heat activated antioxidant which means as the sun intensifies, this product works harder to protect your beautiful face. (as much as i should...i will not be applying sunscreen over my makeup so this is perfect!)
- aloe vera
- vitamin e
as with all sunscreen, this should be the last thing you put on when it comes to your skincare regimen right before your makeup AND sunscreen should not be replace your moisturizer either.
- use an ounce (think a shot glass full) of sunscreen for our entire body
- wait about 15 ~30 minutes before going outside to allow our skin to absorb the product
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
- Refresh- Citrus, Tangerine and Grapefruit
- Restore- Citrus, Grapefruit, Lime and Rosemary
- Recharge- Spearmint, Peppermint, Ginger and Lime
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
- Organic Cocoa Butter
- Organic Shea Butter
- Organic Beeswax
- Organic Olive Oil
- Organic Coconut Oil
- Organic Apricot Oil
- Soothes chapped lips
- Fights free radicals
- Softens lines
- Prevents stretch marks
- Conditions dry skin
- Feeds parched nails
- Tames unruly brows
- Primes skin for makeup
- The list goes on and on and on
I am super excited and honored to say that one of my closest friends, Jenn Kang will be writing for Beauty Logistics!
Monday, June 8, 2009
as we enter summer and start baring more skin, i cannot stress how important it is to protect yourself from the sun. although, may was the official month for skin cancer awareness, it is something we should constantly be aware of.
we all know and have been told time and time again the dangers of UV (ultra violet) rays but sadly, in most cases, vanity almost always trumps the warning signs of skin cancer.
raise your hand if.....
- you have told yourself in the blistering winter months how you couldn't wait for the warmer months so you could just lay out on the beach.
- you have signed up for a great package deal at your local tanning salon because self tanners made you orange and (we're in the recession baby~) spray tans are just too damn expensive, smell and don't last long enough.
- you only apply sunscreen when you know you'll be exposed to the sun....and THAT if you remember.
UVA = aging
- is present all 365 days of the year like your postman. (rain, sleet, snow or sunshine)
- penetrates deep into the skin layers
- affects long term skin damage. (again, going back to aging!)
- responsible for the tanning & burning
- is related to more than 90% of non melanoma skin cancer
- protected against spf (sun protection factor) in sunscreen
did you know?
- one person dies every hour from melanoma or skin cancer. (scary~ if you think about it)
my favorite products in protecting yourself is next~!
O.P.I has come out with a collection of superpowered polishes. Mimicking the technology of acrylics without of the thick fakeness of it.
- Lincoln Park after Dark- (Deep Purple)
- Russian Navy- (Deep Blue)
Friday, June 5, 2009
Kiehl's has collaborated with Adrian Grenier, Kelly Slater, Erykah Badu, and Parson's The New School of Design in order to raise up to $100,000 for the waterkeeper alliance.
Thursday, June 4, 2009
- Refreshing, moist cleansing wipes that are perfect for oily and combination skin.
- Remove makeup, dirt & impurities, tightens pores and provides antioxidant protection.
- Pomegranate Extract
- Vitamin E
- Synthetic Dye
- Petro Chemicals
- I think these wipes are so yummy!
- They smell delicious
- Remove heavy / waterproof eye makeup and lipstick
- Don't leave your face feeling tight or dry
- Only 25 wipes come in a package
- Sells for $12.00
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
- Personal trimmer that is cordless and rechargeable
- Trim and tame unwanted hair
- 6 different attachments for hair removal for different areas of the body
- Precision Trimmer
- Precision Comb
- Micro Shaver
- Micro Trimmer
- Eyebrow Comb
- 5 Ingrown Hair Eliminating Pads
- Lemon & Sage Body Butter
- Lemon & Sage Body Scrub